miércoles, 3 de junio de 2020

My Neighbors the Yamadas

Today I will talk about a movie I have seen in Netflix recently, it's called "My Neighbors the Yamadas". It's directed by Isao Takahana and animated by Studio Ghibli. Maybe you haven't seen this movie, but I think it's different because it's not the typical design or type of film you think when you search for this popular studio. It is still beautiful and very nice animated movie to watch when you are bored, want to see something lightweight or simply laugh.

The story is made up of a traditional Japanese family (I thought that I would not understand for not being Japanese but it was quite the opposite). You will see short stories like comics starring by Takashi Yamada, Matsuko Yamada, Noboru Yamada, Nonoko Yamada and Shige Yamada. (I think it will be difficult for us to remember each name but since they interact always together it's important).


The movie tells daily stories about the Yamada Family, every scene starts with short titles and the animated story begins, it could be about a lost child, the fights we have with our parents or typical marital fights. But the essential point of each story is the humor and to feel identified by the similarities we have every day with our parents (or remember if you already live alone).


I really liked this movie, besides this different way of making a movie for this particular studio (used to make all these films about character growth and mythological creatures). It felt really refreshing, i've spent a nice afternoon seeing what it's like a traditional family and how we are similar despite being from different countries.


 Joyas de la animación: MIS VECINOS LOS YAMADA | IMAGYX Entertainment

2 comentarios:

  1. i love when movies are funny, i really like to see things that take me to a great place, i really will condider to watch it

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I like very much Studio Ghibli's movie so i will watch it! Maybe you could see my blog, there i wrote about another movie of this studio!

    ResponderBorrar